Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Stop #7: Bahamas!

 


This pretty lady right there is my SILF...don't be dirty: it's sister-in-law-forever (but also a fun acronym for two hot chiquitas), and through a series of fortunate events, she and I are now family. She's the mom of Sila's only cousin (on Conan's side), and I feel as if I hit the SILF jackpot. Not only is she cool as AF, but she also is, like, family--which is a pretty foreign concept to me since supportive family is not really something I'm familiar with!

Anyway, thankfully due to a switching of jobs, Jen was able to take a little mid-week Margaritaville cruise with me, and we had SO MUCH FUN. It was only 48 hours, but if you only sleep about 10 hours that whole time, 48 can feel like a lifetime.

This cruise was delightful and only $190 (including port fees and taxes). I would highly recommend it. Thankfully it was not a condensed pool of middle-aged, white Parrot heads (no offense but let's be honest as to who actually likes Jimmy Buffet), but a really diverse mix of people (which you know I love--see previous blogs). What that means for a cruise like this? Well, latin dance hour, hip-hop dance offs, and everything in between. Also, thankfully, there was very little Jimmy Buffet music, which I appreciated. Instead, there was a whole bunch of fun.

Determined to get the most out of the cruise, Jen and I soaked up rays on the pool deck the first afternoon, enjoyed some cocktails, witnessed some insane competition games, ate some free food (which we almost missed all of it due to just relaxing and not thinking about food!), and then danced our hearts out until 1:30 a.m. And if you know me, you know how much I LOVE dancing, especially to hip-hop. It was magical.

The next day, we got up far too early then we should have because we were at port and had booked the party boat for the day in the Bahamas. That entailed snorkeling, endless cocktails (really just fruit juice with a splash of alcohol), Bahamian "lunch" (rice and peas, chicken), and some relaxing on a beach. At the end of that, we repeated our previous afternoon with sunning on the pool deck, eating some food, and trying to stay up late (but didn't succeed).

Really, what I took away from this trip is how much I appreciate having Jen in my life, knowing she is a fun person to hang with and knowing she is there for me (and us as a family) when unforeseen events happen (like when my Cincinnati flight got cancelled, and she picked back up Sila for another night and for the last day of school!). Jen also has a great philosophy in her life: focus on the positive and manifest the shit out of what she wants. I like that, and even though I like to think I'm a positive person, she made me realize some of the small things I put out there that are the opposite of positive.

So there you go. Another amazing adventure--three smaller adventures (but one put-together type trip) are left. Thanks for continually reading, if you are. 









No comments:

Post a Comment